- Tahira was recently suffering from gourd poisoning
- She was in ICU for two days
- “Bottle gourd poisoning has serious consequences,” she wrote
Tahira Kashyap, in her recent post on Instagram, shared that she was admitted to the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) after suffering from bottle gourd poisoning. The writer-filmmaker talked in an Instagram reel about how his health deteriorated even after drinking bottle gourd juice, while it tasted bitter and made him “vomit 17 times.” Her “blood pressure dropped to 40,” after which she was taken to the hospital and treated in the ICU for two days. Tahira Kashyap shared that she is fine now and wants to spread awareness about the toxicity of bottle gourd so that it does not happen to anyone else.
Her caption read: “PLS listen to it! Instagram is an amazing platform to spread awareness! Please read about gourd toxicity! I can look all the way and calm in this video made from my set, but I’m deep down.” I was in #%! Sharing deets as doctors also asked me to spread awareness. I’ve picked up my phone on all the people I know that #greenjuice gourd poisoning has serious consequences, and serious is an understatement . PLEASE READ BETWEEN LINES. THIS IS DEADLY. DO NOT JUST POPING JUICE IN THE NAME OF HEALTH! There was a reason I was in ICU for the same, I don’t want to reveal more details but please spread the word around “
In the video, Tahira Kashyap revealed that she had a mixture of turmeric, gourd and amla. She shared that she drinks bottle gourd juice every day and urged her fans not to consume bottle gourd if it tastes bitter as it can be harmful.
Check out Tahira Kashyap’s post here:
After being discharged from the hospital, Tahira Kashyap returned to the sets of her upcoming film Sharmaji Ki Beti. Read the post he shared for his friend Tanuj Garg, the producer of the film, here:
Tahira Kashyap recently directed a segment of Feels Like Ishq, which consists of six short story films.